Easy Vegan-Paleo Fudge Blondies!
If you know me in real life, you probably know my diet has changed tremendously within the past few months. I no longer partake in dairy, eggs, soy, grains/gluten, beans/legumes, or highly processed or packaged foods. I'm focusing on a mostly-plant-based diet, filling up primarily on fresh fruits and vegetables everyday, and occasionally eating a handful of nuts or a piece of organic, free range animal protein. Basic caveman diet.
But I still have a sweet tooth and I have to treat myself to some decadence every now and again... because it's about balance, right? That's where these almond butter blondies come into the picture. They are (drum roll please):
+ DAIRY FREE
+ GRAIN FREE
+ GLUTEN FREE
And, you guys... they are to die for.
One batch makes around 15-20 blondies. So if you're anything like me, you can just take one for yourself and then give the rest away to your fiancé and yoga students. Needless to say they were a hit.
Here's what you need:
1/4 cup Almond Milk
1/2 cup Apple Sauce
2 cups Almond Butter
3/4 cup Almond Meal
1 cup Coconut Sugar
1/2 cup (dairy free) Ultra Dark (75% or more) Chocolate Chips
1/2 tsp Salt (optional)
1 large Mixing Bowl
1 large Mixing Spoon
1 Baking Pan
Here's what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine almond butter, coconut sugar, apple sauce, and (optional) salt into large mixing bowl and stir together.
3. Add the almond meal and almond milk into the bowl and mix all ingredients until a smooth batter forms.
4. Mix in the ultra dark chocolate chips.
5. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and pour mixture into pan. Press the batter into pan until it is evenly spread to the edges.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let them cool completely (they will not seem totally done when you take them out of the oven initially, but once they cool they hold together very nicely). Once cooled, cut them into squares and serve with your favorite milk alternative!
Have you tried these? What's your favorite cheat treat?! Drop a comment and let us know. <3
For love, with love.